Êtes-vous intéressé à travailler avec une équipe qui se consacre à avoir un impact sur notre planète?
Si oui, jetez un œil à la description de poste suivante, et ... rejoignez-nous
Scope of Work
Project Officer - Communications
The Blue Climate Initiative is a multi-year program engaging innovators, community leaders, scientists, investors and global experts to harness research and innovation to accelerate ocean-based strategies to protect our oceans and combat climate change. In doing so, we unlock solutions to urgent global challenges like renewable energy, sustainable food supplies, improved human health, flourishing biodiversity, protection of genetic resources, and vibrant ocean economies.
The Blue Climate Initiative is seeking a part time Project Officer - Communications to join our small, nimble and cohesive team. We desire a person with a passion to help us accelerate transformational opportunities for people, ocean and planet, as described in our recent keystone publication. Our expectation is to fill this position as soon as possible.
The candidate will serve as “Project Officer - Communications” for the Blue Climate Initiative. In this capacity, the person will coordinate BCI’s various communications efforts, and provide communications support for day-to-day operations, improving all communication and collaboration internally and externally. This includes design and execution of communications to advance the programs of BCI and its efforts to increase the understanding and awareness of ocean challenges and ocean-related climate solutions with target audiences, and liaison with communications contractors around the Blue Climate Summit BCI will be holding in May 2022.
The main responsibilities will include:
- Support the BCI core team in elaborating and executing communications strategies to raise the profile of BCI and the visibility and impact of its achievements.
- Develop, lead and support targeted communication actions that advance key BCI programs and initiatives.
- Help design and implement a public relation strategy for BCI as a whole and around the Blue Climate Summit.
- Develop and maintain content for written and visual communications products, including PowerPoint presentations, key project documents, publications, blogs, stories, press briefs, case studies, web content, social media posts, and regular news updates profiling the work of BCI and its partners. Work with others to produce video projects and potentially podcasts.
- Handle media outreach across multiple platforms (website, general press, online, scientific journals, podcasts, social media etc.) and secure key media placements that advance BCI objectives.
- Maintain liaison with contractors including graphic designers, videographers, web designers, editors, publishers, journals, printing companies, producers, and CRM providers (salesforce, icontact, etc.). This includes contractors hired purposefully for the Blue Climate Summit.
- Support BCI’s fundraising lead with any communication needs whether it be around standalone fundraising events or development of targeted collateral material.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as journalism, media, communications. Preference will be given to those with a Master's degree in communications, environmental studies, or another related field, or to individuals who demonstrate equivalent experience.
- At least four years of relevant professional experience in communications responsibilities. Preference will be given to candidates with more experience.
- Fluency in skills relevant to web design, social media platforms, document design software (e.g, InDesign), basic video production, press release preparation, and customer relations software (e.g., Salesforce).
- Strong media relations background and network.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent and demonstrated English writing ability.
- Excellent and demonstrated English oral communication ability.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders and skill levels.
- Proven ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a varied workload, while being able to adjust to changes in priorities
- Passion for ocean, environmental, and climate issues
- Commitment to inclusion, equity and diversity in every aspect of the work.
- Solid knowledge of how to communicate scientific concepts to non-scientific audiences
- Working knowledge of the French language, with preference given to those with professional or fluent French oral and written French abilities.
- Familiarity with customer relations management software (e.g. CRMs, MailChimp, etc)
- Familiarity supporting donor relations
Role: This is a non-employee consultant position.
Location: This position is ideally based in the San Francisco Bay Area but can be based in alternative locations provided there is an ability to work in alignment with US Pacific West Coast working time zones, with daily online meetings and occasional in-person meetings with senior members of the team residing in the Bay Area. The position will interact with the Project Manager in a virtual capacity on a day-to-day basis.
Reporting lines: This role will report directly to the Manager of the Blue Climate Initiative, who is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, and work closely with other staff in the organization.
Compensation: Compensation is commensurate with experience.
How to Apply: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with a deadline of January 9th 2021 at 11:59 PDT. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. The interview process for this search may start the second week of December 2021.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying to this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conviction History Background: This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job. The Blue Climate Initiative does not hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. BCI reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Diversity and Equal Employment Opportunity
We put extra emphasis on equity, diversity and inclusion. Individuals with diverse backgrounds, or with relevant life experiences as alternatives to advanced academic education, are encouraged to apply.
Tetiaroa Society, which is the fiscal sponsor and contracting entity for the Blue Climate Initiative, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.